There are two ways that businesses can drive traffic to their websites:
Paid Adspace – A lot like renting out billboards or running commercials on the internet
Organically – Strategically building your site to rank on the search engines
Let’s take a look at a number of components that factor into helping your website to perform well with search engines! While each of these items can help your company’s SEO Strategy, the real win is when you’ve got them all working together!
Google is in the referral business. When you go to the internet and search for something, Google’s job is to scrub the web and find the most relevant results for you. Therefore, antiquated tricks of driving traffic to your site are all thrown out the window. The content on your website is just as important to your SEO Strategy as any other effort you put forth. Make sure the content on your page is well written, original, and contains some of the keywords and phrases you would actually use in a campaign. That’s right – keywords and key phrases should be built right into the content of your actual site!
When a user searches on Google using their mobile device, Google gives preference to mobile-friendly websites. So, you need to have a mobile website! The most effective and efficient way to have a mobile presence is to design your website “responsively”. You build a single site, that automatically adjusts based on the device its being viewed on. Now, you only have to update one website AND you collect the total combined traffic of all visitors to your site which increases your sites’ value.
Social profiles show up on Google too! Increasing your social reputation, through increased engagement and high-quality content syndication, will lead to increased online brand presence. Couple of Suggestions / Action Items:
- Create profiles and maintain a good online presence
- Create posts that encourage “likes” and “shares” (Don’t just sell to your audience)
- When sharing posts, include strategic descriptions in the post
- Tag and engage with local establishments – leverage their networks
Treat each page individually. Make sure to include a descriptive page title, page description, keywords and key phrases. This will help the search engines to know exactly what’s on each of your pages so they can return them as results when people search for your products/ services.
- RELEVANT AND OPTIMIZED PAGE TITLES
- TREAT EACH PAGE INDIVIDUALLY
- RELEVANT AND OPTIMIZED PAGE DESCRIPTION
- KEYWORDS SHOULD BE RELATED TO WHAT’S ON THE PAGE, PAGE TITLE & DESCRIPTION
- KEYWORDS DRIVE CONTENT & CONTENT DRIVES KEYWORDS
- THINK LIKE A CONSUMER, NOT AN EXPERT
- FOCUS ON GOOD PHRASES (NOT JUST SINGLE WORDS)
- VALUE OF REPETITION: “DOG FOOD REVIEWS”, “DOG FOOD RANKINS” ETC
- INCLUDE DEMOGRAPHICS AND GEOGRAPHICS
- RUN A REPORT – DO YOUR RESEARCH (GOOGLE TOOLS)
DON’T GUESS, KNOW WHAT PEOPLE ARE SEARCHING FOR
CREATE SEVERAL CAMPAIGNS AND GROUP RELEVANT TERMS TOGETHER
- AVOID “VANITY” OR “ROOT” WORDS (WORDS THAT ARE TOO BROAD)
- SINGLE WORD TERMS
- WORDS THAT ARE TOO SPECIFIC / UNPOPULAR– WHICH NOBODY SEARCHES FOR
- HIGHLY COMPETITIVE TERMS
- IRRELEVANT KEYWORDS
- MAKING THE MISTAKE OF ONLY DOING KEYWORDS, USING
OUTDATED STRATEGIES, IRRELEVANT BACK LINKS ETC.
- COMPANIES THAT PROMISE YOU RANKINGS
- COMPANIES THAT RUN ADWORDS WITH REPLICATED SITES (VERSES MARKETING YOUR ACTUAL WEBSITE)
Building up your website’s organic traffic takes time and effort but it’s totally worth it. Follow these 3 simple steps to do it yourself, or give us a call at 866-WEB-HELP if you’d like to learn more about our Local and Regional Organic SEO Packages.
YOUR WEBSITE CONTENT, RESPONSIVE & SOCIAL STRATEGY
BRAINSTORM AND RESEARCH KEYWORDS & PHRASES
CONTENT, SOCIAL, RESPONSIVE, META
Visit our YouTube Channel for recorded webinar on Increasing Organic Traffic:
By: Sarah Rose Stack (maWebcenters)